CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 12, 2011

Tis The Season For…..Peppermint Mocha Lattes!

What do I really want this time of year you ask?  I crave a peppermint mocha latte from Starbucks!!  I love Starbucks, but unfortunately I do not go there that often.  I do manage to get there once a year though, for the seasonal peppermint mocha latte!  So delicious!  It got me thinking….I could try to make a cupcake based off of this latte.  So that is what I did!

DSCN2883

I took my best chocolate cupcakes recipe and added coffee and a secret ingredient that Starbucks sells.  I also added peppermint candies and peppermint extract for an extra depth of flavor.  I made a peppermint Swiss meringue buttercream to go on top of the cake, and above that there is a dark chocolate drizzle and crushed peppermint candies.

DSCN2886

Not only do they taste delicious, I wanted them to look delicious.  After all, you taste with your eyes first.  Do these cupcakes remind you of something?  Because to me, they look like a peppermint mocha latte from Starbucks. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment